Saturday, May 12, 2012

"Georgia Peach" American Wheat


I just started a new batch of beer; it's my first-ever personal recipe creation (albeit a simple one)! I call it, "Georgia Peach American Wheat." See below for my beer label and accompanying recipe. This beer is a very simple American-style wheat beer with peach flavoring added during bottling. I'm using Delta hops for this beer, a fairly new hop variety, which imparts nice floral and citrus notes while keeping the acidity and bitterness fairly low. This beer turned out so well, I am going to make it a regular summer brew! The peach flavor is very mellow and blends perfectly with the mild tartness of the wheat malt and yeast. Now that I have an all-grain system, I sincerely look forward to brewing an all-grain version! As evidenced by the picture below, the beer has a beautiful color, and it's nice and cloudy (like a wheat beer should be)!

Here's the label I created for this beer, using Labeley:



Georgia Peach American Wheat

Style: American Wheat or Rye Beer
Type: Extract
OG: 1.046
FG: 1.012
ABV: 4.52 %
IBU's: 29.49
Batch Size: 5.00 Gal
Boil Time: 60 minutes

Fermentation Steps
Primary: 14 days @ 66.0°F
Bottle/Keg: 14 days @ 74.0°F

Grains & Adjuncts
7.00 lbs Wheat Liquid Extract

Hops
1.00 oz Delta - 60 mins
1.00 oz Delta - 20 mins

Yeasts
Wyeast Labs 1010 - American Wheat Ale

Additions
4.00 oz Peach Extract @ bottling

Carbonation
4.59 oz  Corn Sugar

Notes
Add 1/2 of LME at beginning of boil and the rest at knockout. Add priming sugar and peach extract upon bottling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to post a comment, please keep it pertinent to the topic and suitable for all ages. Thanks!