Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jalapeño Lime Tequila Infusion

Mmmm, spicy and delicious.
So, my friend asked me to make her a jalapeño tequila infusion for her birthday, so I decided to give it a try! I guessed at a recipe, and this is what I came up with! Because lime pairs so well with tequila, I added a bit of lime zest to the mix. This recipe came out so good that I had to make some for myself! For this recipe, you will need the following:
  1. 750 ml of silver tequila
  2. 1-3 jalapeños (depending on how spicy you like it)
  3. The zest of 1 lime
First, cut the jalapeños lengthwise and remove all of the seeds and most of the white membrane. Throw them into a large jar or bottle that has a wide mouth (it makes it much easier to get all of the peppers out at the end). Lastly, add the lime zest and the tequila. Let the mixture sit for about two days, shaking it up once a day. After the two days have passed, taste the infusion. If you want it hotter, let it sit longer. If its just how you like it, decant the liquid into the original tequila bottle, straining out the jalapenos and lime zest. This stuff is delicious by itself and hands-down fantastic in a margarita or with pineapple juice.

This liquor infusion pairs very well with home-made chili mango soda!

SUPER-YUMMY SUMMER DRINK IDEA: "Oregon Sunrise" (I dunno, I had to think of some sort of name...)

Its an entire day's worth
of fruit! ...Plus liquor :)

  1. Place some pieces of pineapple, mango, and peach in a food processor or blender
  2. Add a squeeze of lemon juice
  3. Add 2-3 oz of your delicious jalapeño lime tequila
  4. Add 1 oz of Mexican brandy (Presidente is good and cheap)
  5. Puree it! Add ice, water, juice, or simple syrup until it's at your desired consistency.
  6. Drink and be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to post a comment, please keep it pertinent to the topic and suitable for all ages. Thanks!